"I highly recommend Paul's "Think like a Strategy Consultant Course" as a useful start to thinking more critically about what and how you want to communicate to your audiences. Full of relevant tools and case studies, this course is sure to help you create, sharp, engaging and more persuasive presentations. Paul was an outstanding facilitator. He was concise, punctual, knowledgeable and respectful. He had everyone contributing in the class and provided clear guidance to help participants raise their game on thinking and communicating more effectively."
- Amita, Sustainability Leader, Unilever
LEVEL UP YOUR THINKING!
👉 The goal of this course is to help you make a fundamental shift in the way you approach problems and communicate ideas to give you a dramatic boost in your performance and effectiveness at work.
Five Fundamental Lessons
- Consulting Mindset: How To Solve Problems, Communicate Solutions, And Fundamentally Improve Your Intellect.
- MECE Mind: How To Deeply Understand Ideas & Problems In Order To Simplify & Sharpen Your Thinking
- From Information To Insight: Use The Pyramid Principle To Synthesize & Structure, Allowing You To Improve How You Learn & Research
- Real World Problem Solving: Using SCQA & Issue Tress In A Real-Life Facebook Strategy Case Study
- Storytelling & Kick-Ass Presentations: Learn How To Create Compelling & Memorable Content That Will Blow Your Boss & Teammates Away
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals working in the knowledge economy who solve problems on a daily basis
- Freelancers who are looking to take their consulting, writing, and/or strategy skills to the next level
- Students looking to better prepare for interviews at top firms like McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group or Bain & Company
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand and communicate in the "language" of strategy consultants
- Be able to quickly break down a complex problem into something that can be analyzed
- Maintain a high level of mental acuity and flow state for longer
- Write and create team/client facing presentations in a more compelling and persuasive way
- Communicate in a simple and persuasive way that inspires action
- Have increased confidence in your ability to lead and structure complex projects
With this course, you will have access to:
- 2+ hours of lecture content and 25+ lectures
- Simple and easy to understand lectures on MECE, Pyramid Principle, Issue Trees, Problem Solving, Slide Design, Storytelling, PowerPoint and Persuasion
- A fun exercise to help you improve your ability to synthesize & structure
- An in-depth real-world case exercise on Facebook's shift from desktop to mobile
- Optional feedback from Paul on the case study exercise
- Access to PowerPoint & Persuasion ($129 Value) - A Simplified Version Of The PowerPoint & Storytelling module
- Bonus Content: 100+ PowerPoint Template Slides that you will actually use ($29 Value)
- Bonus Content: video on 14 PowerPoint Hacks For Making Slides
- Bonus Content: Bonus section summarizing the key themes from Carmen Simon's Book Impossible to Ignore: Creating Memorable Content to Influence Decisions, one of the best books on persuasive content on how to communicate messages that are memorable and compel action
👉There is no other course like this on the internet. Period.
🎁 FINANCIAL AID OPTIONS 🎁
I don't want want financial circumstances to hold someone back with the motivation to learn. If you want to be considered for a reduced gift price, please go through a pay-what-feels-right exercise to determine what works for your situation. Click here for the exercise.
Have A Learning Subsidy @ Work?
Company Reimbursement Form
Use this template to get reimbursed for your purchase
Paul is an experienced consultant with experience from McKinsey & Boston Consulting Group
He has worked in the consulting industry for over 10 years and is obsessed with breaking down the core concepts he learned in consulting and teaching them to others. He has helped build consulting skills training programs at multiple clients and coaches an undergraduate consulting group at the University of Connecticut, where mentoring and training efforts have helped students get hired for analyst roles at McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. At Boston Consulting Group, he was part of the faculty and helped develop content and lead trainings globally. To learn more about his experience and work: LinkedIn or Boundless
This course helped me get promoted! It provides a framework to communicate complex business problems in a clear and concise manner. I’d recommend it because I want more people to understand M.E.C.E.! It is also something I may recommend to people who are working for me or are trying to build businesses cases in a professional setting. 10 out of 10, would recommend!
Andrew, Sales Leader
"This course gave me actionable tools that I can apply immediately in my work to make it more effective. Key consulting principles were taught offline and then brought to life through a few weekly interactive group sessions that really helped the material to sink in, while giving me a chance to share my work and get feedback - great format, and great value. Paul is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher, and very willing to help! "
- Lois, Vice President, Humanitarian & Development, Mastercard
"The StrategyU strategy toolkit is one of the main reasons I have a job in consulting. This course will teach you about everything you need to know not only to succeed in interviews, but also on the job as well. From understanding the Pyramid Principal to making sure my analysis is MECE, I turn back to the strategy toolkit every day in my job at Bain."
Jeff, Consultant, Bain & Company
"Paul's ability to break down the "secrets" of strategy consulting in a way that made the concepts easy to understand and accessible was powerful. As someone leading a firm as a CEO, it helped me re-think how I frame discussions with clients and how I think about building my business. This course was invaluable in the discussions I have with my co-founder and how we think about our work."
Justin, Co-Founder & CEO, JjellyFish
PreviewModule #1 Introduction (0:27)
Preview#1 The "How" vs. The What (1:48)
Preview#2 Learning Mindset & Avoiding "Modishness" (3:13)
Preview#3 Rule Of Three: Why Do Consultants Always Offer Lists Of Three? (2:54)
Start#4 Deeper Thinking: Separate The Thinking & Writing (2:44)
Start#5 Solutions To Problems: Example Mini Case Study: U of X Needs To Cut $25 Million! (6:08)
StartBONUS: Quick Overview Of Strategy Consulting (10:33)