What do Sheryl Sandberg, Sundar Pichai, Chelsea Clinton, John Legend, Benjamin Netanyahu, Indra Nooyi, Clayton Christensen, Susan Wojicki, Susan Rice, Jeff Immelt and Mitt Romney have in common?
Besides being incredibly successful in their chosen domains, they each spent time at McKinsey, Bain & Company or Boston Consulting Group early in their careers.
Here is Indra Nooyi, the former CEO of Pepsi
“I don’t think I could have gotten here without a strategy consultant background because it taught me inductive thinking. It taught me how to think of the problem in micro terms but also to zoom out and put the problem in the context of its broader environment and then zoom back in to solve the problem"
While he didn't follow a traditional path after consulting, here is what 10-time Grammy award-winning John Legend said about the experience:
"I learned a lot. I met a lot of great people, I’m still friends with a lot of those folks, too. I think it just ups your level of expectation for the kind of business you want to work with. And how you work in teams, how you come to good decisions as a team, and I think all of those things helped me in my career, as a musician."
My personal mission with this course is to help high-performers learn the fundamental mindsets, skills & frameworks without having to make a major career change to work in strategy consulting.
A Four-Week Learning Journey
- 🧠 Module #1 - Consulting Mindset: Introduction to the basic consulting mindsets, mental models & consulting process
- 🎯 Module #2 - MECE Mind: The powerful framework to help you sharpen your thinking
- 💡 Module #3 - From Information To Insight: Introduction to the pyramid principle and synthesizing & organizing complex information
- Assignment: Consulting services MECE assignment & mock chief of staff research assignment
- 🔬Module #4 - Real World Problem Solving: Using MECE, Pyramid Principle and hypothesis tools to break down real-world problems into problems that can be solved
- Assignment: Using SCQA & issue tress in a real-life Facebook strategy case study
- 📊 Module #5 - Kick-Ass Presentations: Learn the PowerPoint secrets of strategy consultants, master flow & understand how to craft your message to different audiences
- 🔥 Module #6 - Beyond Consulting Presentations: Creating Memorable & Persuasive Content: Implement tools from cognitive neuroscience and other disciplines to create memorable messages
- Assignment: Create a four-page PowerPoint presentation implementing the principles taught in the course on any topic & get one round of feedback from Paul
Course Format - Weekly Cadence
The course will generally keep the following seven day rhythm:
If you've purchased access to the LIVE sessions, you will have access to live workshops and individual 1-on-1 coaching depending on the tier you have purchased
The People Who Have Gotten The Most Out Of This Course:
- Understand and communicate in the "language" of strategy consultants
- Be able to understand the difference between the symptom and a problem
- Understand how to take a large set of complex data, facts & analysis and synthesize it
- Organize a presentation in a clear, simple & persuasive way that inspires action
- Have increased confidence in your ability to lead and structure complex projects
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- LIFETIME ACCESS TO THE COURSE
- 2+ hours of lecture content and 25+ lectures
- Simple and easy to understand lectures on MECE, Pyramid Principle, Issue Trees, Problem Solving, Slide Design, Storytelling, PowerPoint and Persuasion
- A fun exercise to help you improve your ability to synthesize & structure
- An in-depth real-world case exercise on Facebook's shift from desktop to mobile
- Multiple challenging assignments that will enable you to put this principles into practice
Access To A Private StrategyU Community
You will be able to ask questions to other students, DM Paul and post your exercises for feedback from other students
+Additional Bonus Content
- Bonus Content: 100+ PowerPoint Template Slides that you will actually use ($49 Value)
- Bonus Content: video on 14 PowerPoint Hacks For Making Slides
👉 Ready To Enroll? Three Options
Want to upgrade later? You can purchase a $200 course upgrade at a later date if you decide you want to take part in a live cohort. You are eligible to participate in as many live sessions as you'd like!
Have A Learning Subsidy @ Work?
Use this template to get reimbursed for your purchase
🎁 FINANCIAL AID OPTIONS 🎁
I don't want want financial circumstances to hold someone back with the motivation to learn. If you want to be considered for a reduced gift price, please go through a pay-what-feels-right exercise to determine what works for your situation. Click here for the exercise.
Paul is an experienced consultant with experience from McKinsey & Boston Consulting Group
He has worked in the consulting industry for over 10 years and is obsessed with breaking down the core concepts he learned in consulting and teaching them to others. He has helped build consulting skills training programs at multiple clients and coaches an undergraduate consulting group at the University of Connecticut, where mentoring and training efforts have helped students get hired for analyst roles at McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. At Boston Consulting Group, he was part of the faculty and helped develop content and lead trainings globally. To learn more about his experience and work: LinkedIn or Boundless
"I highly recommend Paul's "Think like a Strategy Consultant Course" as a useful start to thinking more critically about what and how you want to communicate to your audiences. Full of relevant tools and case studies, this course is sure to help you create, sharp, engaging and more persuasive presentations. Paul was an outstanding facilitator. He was concise, punctual, knowledgeable and respectful. He had everyone contributing in the class and provided clear guidance to help participants raise their game on thinking and communicating more effectively."
- Amita, Sustainability Leader, Unilever
This course helped me get promoted! It provides a framework to communicate complex business problems in a clear and concise manner. I’d recommend it because I want more people to understand M.E.C.E.! It is also something I may recommend to people who are working for me or are trying to build businesses cases in a professional setting. 10 out of 10, would recommend!
Andrew, Sales Leader
"This course gave me actionable tools that I can apply immediately in my work to make it more effective. Key consulting principles were taught offline and then brought to life through a few weekly interactive group sessions that really helped the material to sink in, while giving me a chance to share my work and get feedback - great format, and great value. Paul is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher, and very willing to help! "
- Lois, Vice President, Humanitarian & Development, Mastercard
"The course material is very succinct and clearly draws upon the rich experience Paul has acquired during his career. Overall, StrategyU unravels the mystery behind how problems are solved in top-tier strategy firms and offers a great stepping stone, whether you are a student wanting to learn more or an experienced professional wanting to transition into this area."
- Akhila, PhD Student
"The StrategyU strategy toolkit is one of the main reasons I have a job in consulting. This course will teach you about everything you need to know not only to succeed in interviews, but also on the job as well. From understanding the Pyramid Principal to making sure my analysis is MECE, I turn back to the strategy toolkit every day in my job at Bain."
Jeff, Consultant, Bain & Company
"Paul's ability to break down the "secrets" of strategy consulting in a way that made the concepts easy to understand and accessible was powerful. As someone leading a firm as a CEO, it helped me re-think how I frame discussions with clients and how I think about building my business. This course was invaluable in the discussions I have with my co-founder and how we think about our work."
Justin, Co-Founder & CEO, JjellyFish