Do you want to know how to create a compelling presentations?
Do you want to learn how to create PowerPoint slides like a McKinsey consultant?
Do you want to learn the science of persuasion and how you can use it to create memorable content?
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is based on my 10+ years working as a strategy consultant and as an expert in sitting through hundreds of presentations and reading countless reports that made me want to cringe.
I want to help you be better than that. I will help you communicate simply, powerfully & persuasively.
This is a course I created as a result of my work with StrategyU, which I created to share the secrets of an industry I tried so hard to break into over ten years ago.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to use the MECE and Pyramid Principle frameworks to help you structure your ideas
- How to decide which types of presentations to use and how to organize your story
- The powerpoint tricks that strategy consultants use tell a persuasive story
- How to use persuasion science to use emotion & create powerful memories in your audience
SAMPLE LECTURE SLIDES
BONUS: 100+ CONSULTING TEMPLATES
A customized deck of 100+ templates based on real consulting team slides that you will actually use
DETAILED TOPICS WE WILL COVER
- How to use mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive to simplify information
- How to use the pyramid principle to structure your ideas
- How to use MECE and the pyramid principle together
- How to use writing to strengthen your presentations
- The different logical arguments (deductive vs. inductive) you can make in a presentation
- Indirect versus direct communication methods for different audiences
- Recruiting neural reward mechanisms to make habits sustainable
- Writing slide headlines to match the content
- Tricks to tell a continuous story in PowerPoint
- 14 PowerPoint hacks to make your own consulting template slides
- 7 persuasion tips for memorable live presentations
- How to use perceptive, cognitive & affective persuasion to create memorable content
Paul is an experienced consultant with experience from McKinsey & Boston Consulting Group
He has worked in the consulting industry for over 10 years and is obsessed with breaking down the core concepts he learned in consulting and teaching them to others. He has helped build consulting skills training programs at multiple clients and coaches an undergraduate consulting group at the University of Connecticut, where mentoring and training efforts have helped students get hired for analyst roles at McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. At Boston Consulting Group, he was part of the faculty and helped develop content and lead trainings globally. To learn more about his experience and work: LinkedIn or Boundless